The emotions of a small child can go through with him. Then the anger and frustration discharge completely. This is where parents are asked. They have to help their children to control their emotions or at least not to let them run free.
The good thing is: children can learn to control anger through play!
Why is anger so difficult to control??
We cannot deny that society is increasingly advocating showing emotions so that they are hardly suppressed. As a result, however, we have gradually lost control of ourselves and our discipline in this regard. If we want to teach our children this ability, they can do it anyway learn to control anger through play.
We all know that children learn through observation. They look at how the people around them behave. This is especially true for family members. So if we want to, that children learn to control anger through play, so we must first have our own anger under control. We have to set a good example.
"In our permissive culture, adults and children are constantly hearing that everyone can do what they want to do."
Experts believe that this work must be tackled with the children. Otherwise we find ourselves in embarrassing and uncomfortable situations in public or at home. But the consequences are much worse. If our children do not playfully learn to control anger, we prevent certain changes in their neurons that are responsible for the development of a stable and mature character.
Learn to control anger in a playful way
With games we teach our children much more than we think. Games are healthy and fun. And by the way, games contribute to the maturation of our children’s personality and their emotions.
We can preparatively simulate situations that may occur at school. That can be, for example, the existence Classmate annoys them or that something just doesn’t work out the way they would like it to. How do you think they will react? Will they be able to control their anger? If we ask our children how they would react at these moments, we can get an idea of their progress.
“The anger is a wind that blows out the light in the brain."
Learn to control anger in a playful way – 10 ways
- We have already mentioned the first and most important tool that you can give your child: This is yourself, or your own behavior, which your child takes as an example. It has been proven that we have so-called mirror neurons. They serve to imitate the behavior in our environment. So when we first act calmly and prudently in a particular situation, our children will do the same to us.
- Create your own anti-stress toy. Your child can also do this for themselves and use this object to better control their anger, such as with a stress ball that can be pressed. To do this, you put two balloons into each other and fill them with rice. They can even be personalized if your child writes their name on them.
- Together with your child, consider which options are available to control your anger. This can be a board on which there are various options from which one can choose if it is able to control feelings.
Control anger – this is how you can practice it:
- Studies have shown that Touching water or sand has a relaxing effect, when a child is angry. So we can prepare a container of water in which the child can dip and move his hands to relax.
- Tinker a picture with keywords and hang it up in the children’s room so that it is clearly visible. A traffic light lends itself, whereby the three colors each stand for a certain behavior. Red: Stop and think before you act. Yellow: Be careful and consider the consequences. Green: Go ahead and behave correctly.
- Create a place in the house where your child can consciously pause and retreat for a few minutes. This can be in the nursery or in a place specially designed to relax.
- Makes soap bubbles! This is a very simple method of how you can control your breathing in a playful way, which is very important if you want to control your feelings.
- Listen to relaxing music. This will help your child get in a better mood.
- breath control. When inhaling and exhaling in the belly your child will relax and learn to control their breathing in the long term.
- Read stories and children’s books together, in which your child is with the main character >
Why are young people so easy to influence? Puberty is an important phase of development. During this phase, our identity is formed, through which we define ourselves and which makes us unique. Although this may seem contradicting, teenagers don’t really feel the need to …
As a teacher and author of the book Aprender inglés en casa (learning English at home), families often ask me the question: is that possible? Learn English at home? And my answer is always a clear “yes!”. Yes yours…
Cooperative games are games in which the other players do not play against each other in a competition. So it’s not a matter of finding a single winner. Rather, those involved in this type of game have a common goal. This consists in …
It is common knowledge that parenting styles have a major impact on their children’s personal development through their parenting styles. Social scientists believe that the family is the main player in socialization. As a result, the parenting style plays a major role in the psychosocial development of …
In our modern times, unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly common for communication between parents and children to be restricted and even distant. For this reason, we would like to show ways for the healing of the parent-child relationship. Find out below what …
There are more and more families in which both parents work outside the home, which makes the reconciliation of work and family a real challenge. Parents often need childcare for this. So they trust the care of their offspring, for example a nanny …
Editorial for the topic: Experience and understand emotions – everyday emotional psychology by Julia Kozlik Andrea Paulus I have a good idea about the…
October 15, 2018 ∙ 5 minutes reading time Italy, founding member of the European Union and cradle of the Roman Z ivilisation , has always been a tempting…
You baby growing up. He enjoys playing with toys, likes to see cartoons, can crawl, and even try to walk. And you, Naturally , very interested in the…
Of course, parents can help their children learn to read. And it is not at all complicated: you only have to follow a few simple and basically very…