All iLive content is medically checked or checked for accuracy.
We have strict procurement guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic research institutions and, if possible, medically reviewed studies. Note that the numbers in parentheses (, , etc.) are clickable links to these studies.
If you think any of our content is inaccurate, out of date, or otherwise questionable, select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
Eating belly eggs is a problem that can occur not only in adults, but also in children. Consider its causes, methods of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
This unpleasant symptom indicates the putrefactive processes in the stomach cavity. This condition is very often accompanied by diarrhea, especially in children. The disorder signals a pathological change in the functioning of the digestive system.
, , , 
Belching causes in the child
The cause of the regurgitation is hydrogen sulfide, ie a gas that is formed from sulfur-containing proteins that are found in foods after the serobacteria have broken down the proteins in the digestive tract. In children, the appearance of pathology is associated with immaturity of internal organs, functional and psychosomatic disorders that lead to injuries in the discharge of bile and their entry into the stomach. In addition to aerophagy, there are painful sensations in the right hypochondrium, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
There are many factors that cause lazy regurgitation. All of them are associated with putrefactive processes in the gastrointestinal cavity, which develop against the background of violations of the motor function of the stomach and delayed secretion of digestive enzymes. All of the foods eaten stagnate in the stomach due to what begins the rotting of sulfur-containing proteins to form hydrogen sulfide.
Consider the main causes of belching rotten eggs in children:
- Reduced acidity of the gastric juice as a result of gastritis and inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- Pancreatitis with decreased enzymatic function.
- Gut bacteria and parasites (giardiasis).
- Intolerance of certain products.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Intestinal infections (salmonellosis).
- Duodenitis and enteritis.
- Stenosis of the pylorus of the stomach.
- Dyskinesia from bile ducts.
If the acidity of the gastric juice is normal, then the digestion of the food goes smoothly and the putrefactive processes are held back. With a decrease in the secretion function, the digestion is disturbed. Most often this is due to reversible gastrointestinal dysfunction, stress, overeating of greasy or spicy foods. If aerophagy is observed over a long period of time, this indicates irreversible changes: a decrease in the motor function of the stomach or an atrophy of its mucous membrane.
Very often frustration is accompanied by diarrhea. Their appearance is linked to the development of dysbiosis as a result of digestive failure. Overgrowth of pathogenic microflora causes flatulence, diarrhea and non-digestibility of nutrients by the body. Similar symptoms are seen in bile duct and pancreatic lesions.
Repeat with diarrhea with bloody veins, high fever, flatulence, nausea and general weakness indicates granulomatous enterocolitis, i.e. Crohn’s disease. Putrefactive spit eggs appear with a rare hereditary disease – celiac disease, ie gluten enteropathy. The pathology is characterized by an intolerance to gluten (grain protein). That means the body does not digest flour products, cereals and bread.
The most common cause of burping rotten eggs in the child is dyskinesia of the bile ducts. This disease is manifested in violation of bile waste and its irregular hit in the intestine. This has a negative effect on the digestive system and also affects the general well-being of the child. Bile – a mnogosostavlyayuschee biochemical substance that affects the number of necessary digestive processes, fat digestion, neutralization of gastric juice, stimulating the release of enzymes in the pancreas and intestine, supports the absorption of certain vitamins, stimulation of intestinal motility, excretion of metabolic products and toxic substances , and so on.
With dyskinesia, the child has pain in the liver after exercise, with an excessive intake of fried foods or fast foods. In addition to the burping of rotten eggs, nausea, a burning sensation in the intestine and diarrhea with the addition of bile can also be disturbing in such cases.
The next possible reason for burping rotten eggs in a child is a violation of the balance of microflora in the intestine or simply dysbiosis. Most often develops after prolonged or incorrect use of antibiotics. With dysbacteriosis there is redistribution of microflora in the intestine and the beneficial bacteria are replaced by pathogenic ones. As a result of this "redistribution" gastritis, pancreatitis and cholecystitis can occur.
There are several cases where regurgitation in a woman during pregnancy was later observed in a newborn. This is related to congenital gallbladder disorders of the gallbladder.
, , , , , , , 
The mechanism of air release through the mouth with a foul smell is based on the release of gases that accumulate in the stomach and stimulate its secretory and motor functions. Pathogenesis is associated with the gradual release of gases to the outside. Involuntary intake of large amounts of air increases intragastric pressure and causes muscle contraction and belching. The hurried intake of food, conversations with food, carbonated drinks and chewing gum provoke frustration.
Regurgitation with a foul smell occurs due to the accumulation of hydrogen sulfide. There are a number of products that cause the accumulation of gas: various preservatives, fast food, eggs, milk, red meat, strong tea and coffee, garlic, onions, mustard, beans, peas, nuts, bananas, seeds. Pathology occurs in certain diseases of the digestive tract. Intolerance to certain foods, food stagnation and inability to digest also lead to frustration.
, , , , , , , , 
Symptoms belching in the child
Aerophagy with a foul smell, usually, is a signal of irregularities in the work of the body. Symptoms of diseases of the esophagus, stomach and intestines are accompanied by regurgitation. To understand whether such a disorder is a signal of a serious illness, you need to know exactly when it occurred, immediately after a meal or after a while, or whether certain foods provoke it.
If putrid belching is accompanied by flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting and nausea, fever, then this indicates poisoning of the body. Often, the intolerance of certain products causes uncomfortable symptoms with regurgitation in child patients. If the aerophagy persists for several days, have to You seek medical help.
, , , , 
Belly button and diarrhea in a child
Children very often complain of abdominal pain, colic, flatulence and belching. Such a complex of symptoms can indicate abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract or more serious problems that are just emerging. The situation worsens when diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and a deterioration in general condition are added to the disorders described above.
- Violation of the motor function of the intestine is one of the causes of the eructation of rotten eggs and diarrhea in a child. Inflammatory diseases such as dysentery, salmonellosis and colitis provoke the disease. Coarse undigested food, putrefaction and fermentation products can act on the walls of the intestine. In most cases, the complex of symptoms is a protective reaction and promotes the rapid removal of toxin from the body and other substances.
- The gatekeeper’s stenosis, the digestive sphincter that separates the duodenum and stomach, is another reason why the air flows through your mouth with a foul or foul smell. The gatekeeper controls the flow of digested food from the acidic environment of the stomach to the environment of the alkaline intestine. Diarrhea is characteristic of pathology, vomiting, heartburn, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Lack of vitamins, can also provoke diarrhea with regurgitation. The child complains of rotting metallic taste in the mouth, abdominal pain, bloating and signs of anemia are possible.
Eating belly eggs and diarrhea in a child is found in food poisoning. The discomfort is due to the consumption of spoiled food or toxic substances. Uncomfortable symptoms are caused by various microbes: Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, staphylococcal flora and their toxins. In addition to regurgitation and diarrhea, you experience abdominal pain, headache, fever and general weakness. When the first signs of poisoning appear, you need to seek medical help. With mild intoxication, rotting aerophagia occurs within 1-3 days as well as other symptoms.
, , 
Eating belly eggs is in most cases a symptom of digestive system defeat. The first signs of the disease depend on a number of factors. First of all, it is necessary to clarify at what point in time there is an aerophagy, whether food intake affects its appearance and which products cause the disorder.
If the pathology is permanent, this is a sign of problems with the bile ducts, liver and gall bladder. The doctor should do a full examination of the child, do a series of tests and liver tests. If the aerophagy occurs after eating, the baby lacks pancreatic enzyme production. If uncomfortable symptoms are accompanied by fever, then this is the first sign of food poisoning with damage to the duodenum and stomach, that is, poisoning. If diarrhea and vomiting occur, it is necessary to do an analysis for salmonellosis.
According to the international classification of diseases of the 10th revision, the burping of rotten eggs belongs to class XVIII. Symptoms, signs, and abnormalities that have been identified in clinical studies and laboratory tests and are not otherwise classified. The disorder can be classified as R14 meteorism and related diseases, K21 gastroesophageal reflux.
The code for μb 10 varies depending on the cause of the regurgitation. If it is caused by digestive tract abnormalities, it belongs to Class XI diseases of the digestive system. With the focus on the results of the diagnosis, the doctor selects the appropriate code that corresponds to the pathological symptoms and the cause of its occurrence.
Complications and consequences
Various pathological conditions in the body that persist over a long period of time lead to serious medical problems. The consequences of burping rotten eggs in children are varied and depend on additional symptoms. Consider the main diseases that are caused by rotting aerophagy.
- Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining. Children are malnourished. Frequent overeating, lack of vitamins and minerals provoke abdominal pain, stale repetitions, bloating and other uncomfortable symptoms. Treatment consists of diet therapy and the use of medication.
- Malfunctions in the work of the stomach – prolonged aerophagy with an unpleasant smell leads to various pathological conditions of the digestive tract. Against this background, possible inflammation of the intestinal or stomach walls, which leads to gastritis, liver and bile duct diseases.
- Pylorosthenosis – The disease is characterized by protracted inflammatory processes in the stomach and duodenum. Without surgery, it can lead to the development of ulcers.
, , , , , , 
The burping of rotten eggs in children is in itself a pathological symptom. Malady can indicate gastrointestinal disorders or arise as a result of overeating, malnutrition, various digestive system injuries. In any case, if you leave this symptom without paying attention, it can have serious consequences.
Complications of lazy regurgitation can lead to stretching of the stomach walls and displacement of the esophageal sphincter. This pathology leads to a hernia of the esophagus opening the diaphragm. Consider the main complications of abnormal aerophagy with a foul smell:
- Decreased gastric secretory function.
- Reduced enzymatic activity.
- Siege of the gatekeeper
- intestinal bacteria.
- Inflammatory processes in the small intestine, duodenum.
- Bile duct dyskinesia.
All of the above diseases can be a complication of regurgitation and its cause. The intolerance to certain foods, accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, leads to food allergies and disorders in the digestive tract.
, , , , 
Diagnosis belched in the child
Pathological aerophagy with an unpleasant smell is a condition that requires medical attention. Malady always signals a malfunction in the digestive system. The diagnosis of the burping of rotten eggs in children begins with the definition of the cause.
The doctor collects the medical history by being guided by the child’s complaints and available diseases. It is necessary to know when it comes to regurgitation and how often, whether it is accompanied by additional symptoms (flatulence, nausea, diarrhea, constipation). Endoscopic examinations of the gastric cavity, radiography and radioisotope examination are carried out for diagnostic purposes. After the results of the diagnosis, the doctor makes a treatment plan to solve the problem.
, , , , 
Diagnosing belching with a foul smell in childhood patients is a fairly complicated process. This is due to the fact that the uncomfortable symptoms can occur due to the immaturity of the patient’s internal organs, an elementary overeating or due to serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. A mandatory phase of diagnostics is analysis to identify the cause of the defect and draw up a plan for its treatment.
Analysis of vomiting of rotten eggs is prescribed depending on a suspected disease. It is absolutely necessary to pass the tests for the detection of pathologies of the liver and gallbladder. The patient takes general blood and urine tests, blood for biochemistry (iron, bilirubin, enzymes). It is necessary to study on hepatitis A, B, C and the level of hormones. In addition, a check for parasites (Helicobacter pylori, ascarids, helminths) is carried out. Based on the results of analyzes, the doctor selects treatment, appoints a saving diet and other therapeutic measures.
When detecting a disease, special attention is paid to the examination using various devices. Instrumental diagnostics with loose insufficiency is one of the methods for determining the cause of malaise.
Instrumental diagnostics with eructation of rotten eggs:
- Endoscopy of the stomach – is done to identify various pathologies and inflammatory processes. Based on its results, a treatment plan is drawn up or additional diagnostic procedures are prescribed.
- Puncture with the fence of the material of the gastric mucosa – with its help it is possible to distinguish inflammatory diseases from oncological changes.
- X-ray and radioisotope study of the stomach.
- Gastroscopy is an endoscopic method for examining the stomach, duodenum and esophagus. For the inspection in the cavity of the stomach through the mouth, a special instrument – gastroscope is introduced.
Pathological aerophagy indicates abnormalities in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, so all examinations are performed by the gastroenterologist.
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in children are quite common. Such diseases are accompanied by pathological symptoms, the most unpleasant of which is belching with the smell of rotten eggs. Differential diagnosis can reveal the true cause of the condition and separate it from similar pathologies.
The main task of the study is to differentiate between functional diseases and cancer. Repetition is distinguished with such complaints as:
- Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract are accompanied by a complex of gastrointestinal symptoms, but without biochemical or structural changes. They can occur with overeating, poisoning and pathological conditions in the central nervous system. Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, headache and general weakness serve as additional symptoms.
- Ulcerative colitis occurs at any age, but in children it is usually acute or chronic. Along with regurgitation, there is an unstable stool with an admixture of blood, intoxication of the body, abdominal pain and weight loss.
- Gastritis – inflammation of the lining of the stomach, accompanied by abdominal pain, nausea, occurrence of heartburn, frequent constipation and diarrhea, flatulence and of course lazy belching.
- Ulcer of the stomach and duodenum – the disease is most often diagnosed in school-age children. The pathology is characterized by an hereditary disposition and is associated with the peculiarities of the function of the central nervous system. The main symptoms: pain in the navel and upper abdomen, belching, heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
- Cholecystocholangitis is an inflammatory disease that affects the biliary tract. It occurs due to infectious agents: streptococci, staphylococci, E. coli, enterococci. Signs of the disease: sharp rise in temperature, pain in the right hypochondrium, nausea, vomiting, aerophagy with putrid smell.
In addition to the diseases mentioned above, regurgitation differs from pancreatitis, congenital abnormalities of the digestive tract, duodenitis, enterocolitis and other diseases.
Whom can I contact?
Treatment regurgitation in the child
The elimination of diseases by the main symptom, stale regurgitation, depends on the age of the patient and individual characteristics of his organism. Treatment for the burping of rotten eggs in children is based on the cause of their occurrence. Before starting therapy, the doctor will conduct a comprehensive examination.
So if the pathology is caused by infectious processes, antibacterial drugs are prescribed to the patient. If the enzymatic activity is low, enzyme preparations, drugs to stimulate peristalsis and absorbents are used. Antiparasitic treatment is indicated for parasitic lesions.
If the symptom is provoked by overeating and high-fat eating, the child is prescribed a diet to normalize the functioning of the digestive system. If the pathological process occurred due to decreased gastric activity, diet therapy is used. Such treatment is based on limiting the use of such products: milk, legumes, nuts, beans, some vegetables and fruits. Eggs, red meat, fish and offal fall under the ban.
The treatment of burps with the smell of rotten eggs is only possible after a medical examination. Focused on the results of the tests, the doctor makes an effective and safe treatment. Medications are selected depending on the cause of the uncomfortable symptom.
Consider the medications used to eliminate lazy regurgitation in various diseases:
- Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract – diet therapy, probiotics (Bifidumbacterin, Lineks, Hilak forte, Bifiliz), prebiotics, lactobacilli, prokinetics (Dimetpramid, Bromoprid, Domperidon), pain in the abdominal pain and other means.
- Gastritis – adherence to the diet, antacids with normal and high acidity (Rennie, Ranitidine, Alumag, Almagel) and other medications, depending on additional symptoms.
- Peptic ulcer and duodenum – drugs are selected depending on the stage of the disease. If Helicobacter pylori is detected in the tests, antibacterial agents are prescribed for treatment. If one focuses on the degree of the violations, the doctor can prescribe pancreatin, various vitamin complexes, diet and antacid therapy.
- Cholecystocholangitis – Diet No. 5, vitamin and cholagogue supplements. If the disease worsens, antibiotics (erythromycin, oxacillin, nystanin), enzymes (pancreatin, Abomin) and other medications are prescribed.
Treating childhood diseases is a complex process because many drugs are contraindicated. Alternative treatment is not a full-fledged alternative to traditional therapy, but can be used as an additional means. Consider popular alternative methods of removing rotten egg burp in children:
- Every day for 2-3 months, a patient must drink a glass of goat milk after each meal. This tool is also suitable for the youngest patients.
- If regurgitation is accompanied by an unpleasant smell of heartburn, then you need to eat raw carrots, an apple, or a piece of ice to get rid of them.
- Curative properties is a decoction from the root of Aira. The plant needs to be dried, pulverized and swallowed with water.
- Take 20 g of root aira, goose gazina, sweet clover, cone of hops and heather. Mix all the ingredients and pour a glass of boiling water. Means to boil, cool and take ½ cup after eating.
- ½ cup of carrots and potato juice should be drunk every morning and evening before eating until the aerophagy is over.
The use of alternative methods for the treatment of children is only possible with the appropriate medical clarification.
Many methods are used to eliminate the pathological burping of rotten eggs in children. Herbal treatment is another way to normalize the functioning of the child’s gastrointestinal tract. Consider the effective recipes of herbal medicine:
- Mix 100 g of aloe and cranberry juice with a spoon of honey and pour the mixture with 250 ml of warm water. The drink obtained should be taken 3 times a day on a tablespoon for a week. One month later, hold a second course.
- Take 40 g leaves of the trilitaristic clock, 30 g fennel seeds, yarrow and peppermint, 60 g St. John’s wort. Mix all the ingredients, pour boiling water over them and leave for 2-3 hours. The received means that it is necessary to strain and take on 10-20 g for 30-40 minutes before the meal.
- 25 grams of crushed flowers, mixed for millennia with leaves of mint, fennel and chicory root. The resulting mixture, pour 1.5 liters of boiling water and let it brew for 1-2 hours. Infusion of drinking 3 times a day after eating.
- Grind 100 grams of leaves and shell of green walnuts. Pour a mixture of 1 liter of vodka and insist for a month, shaking regularly. Strain after a month and add honey to improve the taste. The drug turns 30 days taken for 30 days before eating. This instrument is suitable for the treatment of regurgitation in older children.
Another alternative method of treating rotten egg regurgitation is homeopathy. The use of homeopathic remedies in children is only possible after a full examination and selection of the most suitable remedy by a homeopathic doctor.
Consider homeopathic medicines for the treatment of aerophagia:
- Caladium seguinum (Dieffenbachia) – lazy burp with a feeling full of stomach.
- Sepia (ink squid) is an acid regurgitation or with a taste of rotten eggs.
- Antimonium tartaricum, Tartarus emeticus (crushed tartar, wine salt of antimony and potassium) – rotten eggs.
- Graphites – lazy.
- Magnesium muriaticum (magnesium chloride) and magnesium sulfuricum (magnesium sulfate – with the unpleasant smell of rotten eggs.
- Thuja occidentalis (Thuja Western, Tree of Life) – rotten, rancid eructation.
In addition to the medicines described above, valerian can be used for treatment, carbo vegetabilis in pathology, which is accompanied by dyspeptic disorders and arises from the intolerance of fatty foods. The dosage should be selected individually for each patient.
If drug therapy does not give the expected result in eliminating regurgitation with the smell of hydrogen sulfide, then more radical methods are used. Surgical treatment is carried out in the event that the disorder is a symptom of GIT disease that requires surgery.
Most often the operation is prescribed for pathological congenital diseases or stenosis of the gastric portal. The child is pyloromyotomy. This surgery is minimally invasive. The doctor makes a small incision near the navel and cuts the pyloric wall with the help of a laparoscope. This opens normal communication between the stomach and intestine. Recovery after such an operation is easy and quick. Surgery does not cause complications, but it has a noticeable positive effect.
There are several methods to prevent lazy regurgitation in children, but the most effective is diet therapy. Prevention is based on these rules:
- Minimize the use of sulfur-containing products (milk, eggs, tomatoes, potatoes, various preservatives, dried fruits, beans, strong tea and coffee, seeds and nuts, cabbage, bananas, watermelons) and gluten. Make sure that the child does not eat too much and that there are no greasy, spicy or fried foods in their diet.
- If the child has a stomach ulcer, stomach discomfort, heartburn or gastric reflux, then you need to take a test for Helicobacter pylori and consult a gastroenterologist.
- If the regurgitation is accompanied by a soft stool or pus stool, this may indicate an infection from an intestinal lamblium. Antiparasitic agents are used for treatment and prevention.
If the above methods do not help prevent relapse of the pathology, medical care is needed.
, , , , 
In most cases, dull regurgitation is not dangerous to the human body. The prognosis of the disease depends solely on the underlying disease. If the defect is linked to overeating, it is sufficient to follow nutritional recommendations. In this case, the outlook is favorable. However, if aerophagy is associated with gastrointestinal diseases, oncological processes, the prognosis depends on the accuracy of the diagnosis and the treatment results.
Eating belly eggs in children is an uncomfortable symptom that cannot be ignored. A healthy diet and regular checkups can prevent diseases that cause this condition.
Acute diarrhea in children 2019 Gastroenteritis in children rotavirus food poisoning in children toddler diarrhea Diarrhea can occur suddenly and last…
All iLive content is medically checked or checked for accuracy. We have strict procurement guidelines and only link to reputable media sites, academic…
Table of Contents: Rashes in children facts A rash is a skin reaction. It can be caused by many things, such as: For example, a reaction from contact…
Dystrophy – a chronic disease, from the child’s diet and trophic tissues, in which there is a disorder of harmonious development. The clinical picture…