Latin name: Corvus
size: 30 – 60cm
Weight: 300g – 1500g
Age: 10 – 20 years
Sexual dimorphism: Yes
Nutrition type: Omnivore (omnivor)
food: Carrion, insects, earthworms
original origin: unknown
Sleep-wake rhythm: diurnal
natural enemies: Hawk, falcon
sexual maturity: with 3 – 4 years
mating season: January – March
breeding season: approx. 21 days
clutch size: 1 – 3 eggs
social behavior: highly pronounced
Threatened with extinction: No.
You can find more profiles of animals in the animal lexicon.
Interesting about the raven
- Ravens are among the most intelligent animals in the animal kingdom. Memory, ability to use tools, the ability to learn and planning ahead are highly developed in raven birds. For example, ravens can memorize certain human faces for years and link them with positive (e.g. through feeding) or negative (through hunting) thoughts.
- As omnivores, ravens spurn almost nothing on food. Human waste has now become a reliable source of food.
- Ravens living in groups have practically no enemies. Birds of prey avoid ravens because of their resistance. Nevertheless, it has been sporadically observed how hawks and falcons capture young ravens.
- Ravens show a high degree of creativity when searching for food. Raven’s beak is not strongly enough to crack nuts. That is why the nuts are dropped from a high altitude onto solid surfaces. Other ravens who observe this technique also apply it.
- Raven birds are found on all continents with the exception of Antarctica.
- Bad parents are literally called raven parents, and ravens are anything but bad parents. The offspring are provided with food for several weeks and defended against possible predators.
- Ravens are extremely tricky when it comes to hiding food. In the presence of fellow species, ravens create mock hiding places in order not to lose the hidden food to another raven.
- Ravens have an extensive repertoire of vocalizations. Communication with other ravens is different than with known ravens. Such complex, situational communication is unique in birds.
Surname : Goldfish Latin name : Carassius gibelio forma auratus great : Fish size : up to 20cm Weight : ? Age : 1 – 30 years Appearance : orange-yellow…
The online animal games are sometimes also about bees or ladybugs, where you are then in the forest. You can buy in-game benefits for which you have to…
Invitations: Animated animals: Cut out pictures of animals from newspapers, magazines or comics or paint them yourself. Fold up the colored paper and…
Gabriele Fiebich Terror reports about acts of cruelty to animals keep pervading the media landscape and the perpetrators seem to be getting younger and…